School Safety has become a critical topic of concern in our daily lives. As a result, school systems are being stretched too quickly to establish safety measures that can increase protection and improve the safety of school children and educational staff.
As many of you are already aware, the glass on windows and doors of a school building can be a very vulnerable entry point into a school. Most schools do not have laminated glass or tempered to prevent shattering, resulting in potentially easy access through the glassless frame. 3M Safety and Security Film has already been incorporated into over 200 U.S. schools.
Schools continue to choose this safety solution because of the following:
- More cost effective than replacing all of the windows and doors with laminated or tempered glass
- Quick implementation and easy application over the existing glazing
While potential intruders will not be fully stopped from entering a school building, 3M Safety and Security Film can act as a deterrent and provide precious extra response time by slowing the intruder down.
3M recommends the following safety products to help increase window and door security:
- Ultra Series S600– for strong, tear resistance protection
- Safety Series S140– holds broken glass together so windows won’t shatter
- Impact Protection Attachment Systems– bonds the filmed window to the frame. offering the highest level of protection when combined with safety film
Sun Control Plus has been installing 3M Window Film in Northeastern Pennsylvania, the Allentown Area and surrounding cities since 1993
For more information about 3M Safety and Security Film contact Sun Control Plus at 570-451-1655 or at www.suncontrolplus.com
Share this article: