For homeowners, did you know June is National Homeownership Month? It’s a time for you to appreciate all the joys that come with owning a home! It’s the best time to see how you can upgrade your home to improve comfort, decreasing energy usage, and increase your family’s well-being. One solution we’d like to share is 3M Thinsulate™ Window Film, available for your home! Let’s check out some of the benefits!
What does it do?
Over time, your windows will run the risk of wear and tear, resulting in external damage such as cracks or leaks. With 3M Thinsulate™ Window Film, you can minimize heat loss during the winter or heat gain during the summer.
- Improved Comfort: Essentially, when the 3M Thinsulate™ Window Film is applied, it acts as an extra layer of insulation that will block any leaks or other areas that are letting air through. It might not sound like much, but these can have a major impact on your internal temperatures.
- Energy Savings: Leaks will continue to be a detriment to your heating and cooling systems. With 3M Thinsulate™ Window Film reducing that strain, you’ll be able to see lower utility bills, both saving you money and helping the environment!
- UV Protection: 3M Thinsulate™ Window Film is able to block 99% of ultraviolet rays. When ignored, these rays can induce fading more quickly in furniture, flooring, and other materials. Keep your interior looking as good as new!
- Single-Pane Windows: In older homes, single-pane windows are much more common, but they also lack insulation capabilities of modern day windows. This is where 3M Thinsulate™ Window Film can become a game changer!
- Double-Pane Windows: Double-pane windows are much more efficient than single-pane windows, but did you know that heat is still able to transfer through glass? That fact can surprise many homeowners! Even if you have double-pane windows, it doesn’t hurt to apply 3M Thinsulate™ Window Film.
- Multi-Purpose Rooms: In rooms that might have larger windows, such as bay windows, there can be excessive heat gain due to the amount of open space. This is where 3M Thinsulate™ Window Film can come in clutch, preventing the temperature from getting hotter while also allowing you to enjoy the room altogether!
Installation & Maintenance
- Professional Installation: Professional installers already have an understanding of 3M Thinsulate™ Window Film, allowing them to maximize care and comfort when applying it.
- Low Maintenance: After installation is complete, there is no major maintenance required! When it gets dirty, you can use a nonabrasive cloth and slight soap to clean it off. The only rule is that you should avoid any abrasive cleaners or sharp objects that might damage the surface.
- Longevity: Following the rules mentioned above, 3M Thinsulate™ Window Film can last for several years. Can you imagine how much more you would have saved if you already had them? As a long-term investment, you’ll be glad down the road!
For National Homeownership Month, don’t be afraid to give your home some love and care! 3M Thinsulate™ Window Film is a great option for all homeowners, no matter where you reside. We’re available to help you in Scranton, Carbondale, Lehigh County, Kingston PA, and beyond. Visit our contact page to schedule an appointment with our team! We hope to hear from you soon.